Thursday, July 28, 2011

On the Road Again...

This was made for a guy's birthday who loves motorcycles.  He rides them and works on them.  They wanted the bike on the cake to resemble his own Suzuki motorcycle.  I did have some issues with the creation of this bike because I used two very different kinds of fondant in it, but in the end, it worked out!  The cake I covered in green fondant and made a winding fondant road on it.  I also created a rider with a helmet on, of course--Safety first!  :)  I built up a little hill on the top of the cake so when I draped the fondant over, it created an interesting little hill for the road to curve around.  I also added grass and flowers just to make it a little more interesting to the eye!  This cake was definitely a challenge for me, but it could be used in so many ways.  You could go so may directions with this--cars, bicycles, hikers, etc.  My dad rides a Harley-Davidson motorcycle, so I was thinking what a great cake it would make for him, too! 



No comments:

Post a Comment