Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Making Music Cake

This cake was lots of fun to make!  This was made for a musician who was very emphatic that the violin MUST have 4 strings!  :)  I covered it in fondant and made the ribbon and musical notes out of black, buttercream-flavored fondant.  The violin is made of chocolate-flavored fondant.  Everything is edible except for the violin stings--they are wire.  When I was a kid, I took music lessons for about 4 years.  Every time I had to get my music teacher a gift it was something with a keyboard or musical notes on it.  I am sure he had oodles of muscial themed gifts sitting around--think about how happy he would have been to have a yummy cake to eat instead of another keyboard tie!  So for this music lover in your life--this cake can be made with any instrument on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment