Monday, January 10, 2011

Tiered Cakes Class

We took a one night class that taught us how to tier cakes.  Everyone had to bring cakes to class to tier.  Lori and I decided to work on one together.  We did a crumb coat in Buttercream Frosting and then covered them in white fondant in class.  I made the bottom tier and it was a Devil's Food Cake with a Chocolate Creme Filling.  Lori made a Lemon Cake for the top tier.  One lady in class had made her cake look like it was tie dyed.  It looked really cool, and she had decorated it in brightly colored daisies.  I want to make one like it some day.  Lori and I made ours to look like a wedding cake--just getting more practice in!  After we brought the cake home, Lori took the top tier home.  I made white gum paste roses to cover the top of the bottom tier so it would look naked!  My husband took it to work and his coworkers loved it!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Tonya!!! Wish you weren't all the way across the USA! Miss ya! Hope you had a wonderful Holiday!

    ReplyDelete